Friday, October 16, 2009

Good News!!!

Moon is on her off the juice (living without insulin) trial! Today is day 6, so there are only eight left!

She dropped very low on .1 unit of insulin a few days ago after only 2 days on such a tiny drop. And that was that (antijinx).

The kids are on fall break right now, so yesterday and today is the first chance I've had to take full advantage of not having an injection schedule. I'm still testing her twice a day, and I'm still carefully controlling what kind of food she has to eat, and I will continue to test her every month for the rest of her life. Once a diabetic cat, always a diabetic cat. But being diet controlled is SO HUGE!

I still can't believe we've gotten to this point. It's incredible to look over at my sweet furbaby sleeping on my bag on the floor, all poofy and sweet. And alive...

One If down, only a couple more to go! :)

No comments: