Friday, October 31, 2008

am I alone here?

Is it Wednesday yet? I've been waiting for next Tuesday for 2 (more like 8) years now. I have thought that, if I could just survive a wee bit longer, I'd make it. But now I'm not so sure Tuesday is going to bring any relief.

For starters, my son's first basketball practice is 6 to 7 that night. And there's a parents' meeting, so I can't just dump him out and run home for the latest poll-closings. And, although I have internet on my phone (which I'm using to type this, so please forgive spelling or punctuation errors, as it's impossible for me to thumb-type and watch the screen at the same time), I really shouldn't carry booze into the school to either keep me calm or to celebrate. It's so not fair...

Second, this thing is such a nail-biter, I am not being optimistic. At the very least, I expect a long night. At worst, I sort of expect a long month... Again...

pesimst starts his vacation tomorrow. I'm trying to decide if that's a good thing. On the one hand, it'll be nice to have my husband home for a week. On the other, we're both so invested in this election that we're sort of feeding on each other's neurosis.

Everybody, go vote. Just do. On Tuesday, if not earlier (I am forsaking early voting in favor of being able to have pesimst with me to help wrangle the children; they HAVE to be with me for this one. I want them to know and remember). Besides, the lines won't be too long out here where I am. I really wish they would, but they won't be.

I think the baby dinosaur has fallen asleep, so I'd best get go check. If he has, I'm going to follow his lead. This migraine is getting worse, no matter how much I try to ignore it...

No comments: