Tuesday, November 4, 2008

WOW

He won. My candidate, who I have been supporting since BEFORE he announced his candidacy. The first man I have ever voted for, for and for, instead of voting for, but partially just against the other guy. This time I owned a part of this. I have worked. I have donated. I have campaigned. I have fought and believed. I trusted and hoped.

And he won.

But it's not over. There's still work to do. There are people in my family who are afraid, AFRAID of him. And there are so many unpopular decisions to be made. So many hard choices ahead.

And I will do my part. He is my president, not because he was my candidate, but because he won the election. So I will do my part. I will support him. I will argue for him. I will continue to hope and continue to believe.

I'm ready for change. I'm ready for healing. I'm ready for the future.
Will you join me? No one can do this alone. Are you ready? Let's get to work.

YES WE DID. YES WE WILL! YES WE CAN!!!

No comments: