Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I should be cleaning the bathroom...

But it's more fun to play on the computer!

pesimst is out in the studio today. I think he's recording, because I can't hear anything. He runs it through the headphones, which keeps things in the house peaceful. I'm very proud of him for getting back to working on his music. I want him to be successful enough to quit his day job, which he hates. I think that place is killing him rather more quickly than I first would have imagined.

The Tiny Tyrant has been colicky, poor little guy. His tummy has been hurting, and so there has been much screaming and biting of nipples. I wish I could convince him that he's supposed to eat FROM the nipple, not just EAT THE nipple. Although the growl he gives when he's biting is adorable. Maybe I can get him to growl while biting a teething toy, instead.

It's been hard to get Van off to school the last couple of days. When it's just the two of us up in the morning, or the two of us and T-Rex, too, I never have a problem. He gets up, puts on clothes, waters his dog, and eats his breakfast while I get his lunch ready and packed to go. Then, when the bus heads for the end of our street (we're on a deadend, so it has to turn around and come back by us), he puts his shoes on and trots out the door. With his dad here, he dawdles. His feet drag. He's not sure what order things are to be done. He can't find his socks or his shoes or his bag. I'm not sure what the difference is, but it's a pain in the duff!

DC, on the other hand, is much easier to move when pesimst is here. Or maybe it's just easier for me, with another pair of arms to hold the baby. Either way, she gets there early when he's home. I'm usually the last car in line for drop-off!

Well, I think things have gone sideways in the music business; I hear swearing from the studio. I'll go see if I can help, and, if I can't, you'll probably be able to look for my freshly dug grave in the backyard. I off to beard the lion in his den...

No comments: