Sunday, August 12, 2007

*Names Changed to Protect the Guilty

Yesterday morning, DC did not want to finish her cereal. She came out of the kitchen stating "I'm full, but I'm not done." I sent her back in to "wait and see if more room opened up" to finish her breakfast. Several minutes passed, and I went to see if she had finished it.

"No, Mommy," she said solemnly. "There's a fly in my cereal."

Now, I can't prove anything, but, as nearly as I could tell:

She had gone to the window sill, picked up a dead fly, and PERCHED IT ON HER CEREAL.

I'm not sure what that says about her. I'm REALLY not certain what it says about me that I had to bite down the urge to pat her on the head and say "Clever girl!"

1 comment:

half pint pixie said...

I've sorted out my google account especially so I can post here to say that is the cleverest little story I've heard in a while, well done young pixie!