Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My Own Little Hoover

Vaccuum, that is.

Tyranosaurus will latch onto anything. At least, he tries. Pillows, sheets, blankets, his siblings' arms, his father's neck, my shoulder, the dog... ANYTHING. I swear he'd try to nurse from the house if I ever left him too close to a wall. His suck needs are high, but at least he's finally found his thumb.

This is a whole different world for me from DC. She had such a rough start to nursing, and it never got all that much better. For two years, her latch was always just a bit...off. The first several weeks were a constant hell, thanks to one bottle she was given in the hospital. That and, after one bottle and a refusal to suck on the breast, I was given the HORRIBLE advice to try a binkie to encourage her to suck. Yeah, I don't know about you, but my nipples just are NOT shaped like that...

The Tiny Tyrant, though, is a very enthusiastic nurser. Sometimes it's not all that comfortable when he's trying to pull my entire body inside out through my breast, but I can handle that. What's a little "ouch" compared to the lack of tears from not being able to get a baby to eat? I'd rather have one suck "too well" than not at all.

And I do so love the way his eyes attach to my face and sparkle while he eats. I will do anything to get that big milky grin when he's mostly full and just tucking in a few more swallows. I do wish he'd figure out that breasts are for nursing, though, and leave my collarbone alone.

5 comments:

half pint pixie said...

They're so cute and naughty....

Babypixie has taken to just pulling my top and bra down, whipping out the breastpad and latching on, all while waving the pad around, it's charming especially when attempted in public!

Pixie LaRouge said...

LOL! DC once pulled my shirt front down and announced "Look, Mommy! You have a pink bra on your breast!" in that voice that can only be managed by a two-year-old in a crowded store at Christmas...

half pint pixie said...

oh no! I'm looking forward to all that once the words start!

half pint pixie said...

pixie, if you would like to play, I've tagged you...

Reiza said...

Did I tell you that when I took The Boy to Urgent Care, I opted to not wear a bra under my tank top.

Of course, while holding him, with the male doctor in the room, the child grabbed my shirt and pulled the collar ALL the way down.

G-d bless distractions because the doctor was too busy trying to give me wrong information to notice what was happening.

Oh and when we walk by Victoria Secret or Fredericks in the mall, the Boy yells, "Bra." He did it not long after his first birthday when mom was with us. She turned to me and asked, "What ARE you teaching him?" Luckily, she said it jokingly as she has come to accept even embrace the crunchiness of her youngest child. :-)