Friday, August 17, 2007

This Fits in With Family Conversations:

Thanks to Half Pint Pixie, came across this interesting bit. Great idea. pesimst and I have been talking a lot about how to reduce our environmental footprint in recent weeks, so this seems like a game way to challenge ourselves, if nothing else.

I'm a little late to the playing field, but let's see what happens:

Day 1: Stop Drinking Bottled Water

This isn't much of a problem for me: I don't drink water. No, I'm kidding! Really I just don't drink bottled water at home, since I have a perfectly good well that tastes lovely when cold. Now I need to challenge myself to never buy a bottle of water outside of the house, either. Ozarka selling to Nestle cut off about half of my away-from-home, bottled-water consumption, anyway (it was the only one I liked). I will buy a sturdy, reusable sports bottle the next time I'm at the store and fill it myself.

Day 2: Air-dry the Laundry

Oh. My. This is a challenge for me. Granted, I do keep asking for a line out-of-doors to dry Tyrannosaurus's diapers and the other white things. I figure the Oklahoma sun has to be good for SOMETHING! And none of pesimst's clothes go in the dryer, and half of mine don't. So, baby steps. I'll stop drying the rest of mine, and work up from there. Ask me where I am in two weeks...

Day 3: No More Plastic Bags

And now we've run into a hitch. I use those bags for scooping the cat box and for cleaning up dog poo. But can I cut back on how many come into the house? Surely so! Lemme think about this today and see what I can come up with. How many bags do I need for my grocery shopping, since I try to just go once a week to conserve gas?

And the baby dinosaur is awake, so I'm out of here!

No comments: